The Professional Standards Councils are working closely with our national regulatory agency, the Professional Standards Authority, to monitor the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on consumers, professional service providers and occupational associations across Australia.
Regulated occupational associations
Our regulatory approach will remain proportionate and we will take account of the circumstances and disruptions arising from the impact of COVID-19 through our leadership of the national system of professional standards regulation.
The Councils will adjust the timing of regulatory initiatives where necessary to allow occupational associations to concentrate on their businesses and people first, as well as ensuring that occupational risks and harms to consumers of their members’ services are minimised. Our efforts remain focused on encouraging, assisting and supervising occupational associations in the effective regulation and improvement of professional standards to protect consumers.
In the interests of implementing social distancing in accordance with the latest health advice from Chief Medical and Health Officers, we have taken some important steps to address our operations in order to minimise the spread of COVID-19 and ask for your co-operation. We wish to advise that:
- the Professional Standards Forum scheduled for 19 March 2020 was postponed to a date to be advised
- all Councils meetings will be conducted by tele/video conference for the foreseeable future
- all Authority meetings will be conducted by tele/video conference for the foreseeable future
- access to our offices in Elizabeth Street in Sydney will be limited until further notice
- international and domestic travel will be undertaken in accordance with government advice.
Where possible we ask that you communicate with us by electronic means, reducing the need to attend our offices or receive correspondence by post, which may be affected by working from home arrangements. We will endeavour to minimise disruption to services as we all navigate the COVID-19 evolving situation.
T: 02 8315 0800 | 1300 555 772
Published: 23 March 2020