Professional associations face a range of regulatory requirements imposed under the Professional Standards Legislation and by the Professional Standards Councils.
This subject title considers the role and function of professional associations in the context of the Professional Standards Council regime. This title will consider the following issues:
- What are Professional Associations?
- Concepts of Professional Association and Their Role
- How are Professional Associations and Professional Standards Councils related?
- What obligations come with a Professional Standards Scheme?
- Which organisations have a Professional Standards Scheme?
- What support material is available to occupational associations?
- The future of Professional Associations.